Hello! So, Joerg Simon pointed out to me that we have a need for general-purpose, reusable designs for Fedora posters that can be used at many different events / during different releases of Fedora (so no event-specific release-specific feature-specific etc. notes on them.)
This is my first draft at an attempt at this. It is a series of 3 posters, each poster focusing on one principle / idea behind Fedora (from the Fedora logo design). They are designed at a ratio such that they could be printed out at the US standard 36″x24″ poster size:
Now, I will caveat these designs with some points I’m hoping the lazyweb will help me sort out:
- The colors are rather hideous. They were picked at 2 AM this morning. Any palette suggestions?
- The text is pretty hokey. Kind of reminds me of this old Hello Kitty lunch box I used to have that had this very long diatribe food on it that had obviously at one point been written in Japanese or perhaps Chinese and then was translated into English via some intermediary language…. “Hello Kitty say delicious food it sing, it dance, kitty makes you FREE and CHEERFUL! Apples are GOOD.” Something like that. But longer. Anyway, I think it needs your help!
Here’s the full text for each poster:
- INFINITY: infinity refers to fedora’s focus on technology. fedora always leads, never follows, into the infinite unknown. no hesitation. no boundaries.
- FREEDOM: freedom is a distinguishing feature of fedora. we do the right thing, even when we disagree with the rules. we won’t compromise our freedom and responsibility by relying on crutches. we seek free alternatives.
- VOICE: voice refers to fedora’s focus on community. fedora is created in the open and anyone can join in and help determine fedora’s destiny. fedora is made possible by a community of people across the world. every one has a voice.
HELP ME lazyweb, you’re my only hope!